DUI License Suspension Hearing
If you were arrested for DUI in Utah, you are probably wondering about what will happen to your driving privileges. If you don’t act quickly, your license may be suspended. This suspension could last anywhere from 90 days to two years, depending upon the specifics of your case. Our office is here to walk you through the steps you need to take in order to prevent this.
There is not a moment to spare if you hope to preserve your ability to drive to work or school, or to continue to live a normal life.
- Timing is crucial: You need to hire an attorney quickly and take immediate action to prevent a driver’s license suspension. From the moment you receive the citation, you have 10 days to request a Driver License Division (DLD) hearing to fight the automatic license suspension.
- If time has run out to request a DLD license suspension hearing, you may have options for getting your driving privileges back. We can help you file an appeal if your license has already been suspended or revoked.
- At the hearing: The hearing is an opportunity to not only fight your license suspension, but also build the groundwork for your future DUI defense case. This is a particularly important opportunity, and therefore it is important to have an aggressive and experienced lawyer by your side.
- Be prepared: Because the prosecutors won’t be present at the hearing, this is an ideal moment for your attorney to examine aspects of your case that could benefit your defense later, such as flaws in police procedure, holes in the evidence or faulty test results.
- Seize the opportunity: Your arresting officer will likely be called to testify under oath. We have a proven record of success in using a recording or transcript of an officer’s DLD license suspension hearing testimony to impeach his or her testimony in the DUI trial.
Stay On The Road
Call the law firm of Kristopher K. Greenwood & Associates today at (801) 475-8800 to receive a free and completely confidential consultation and aggressive representation in the fight to preserve your driving privileges after a drunk driving arrest.